Friday, May 6, 2011

The Ones We Choose

This post is in response to this weeks Velvet Verbosity's 100 Words prompt which is "family."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Beep. Beep. Beep.

 7 o’clock.

“Grrrmfphl.”

I roll out of bed and walk downstairs, eyes closed, following the sound of the sputtering coffee maker. The combination of my foot hitting the cold hardwood floor and the smell of the coffee rousts me slightly.
I enter the kitchen to see him standing there, grabbing the creamer out of the fridge and two cups from the cupboard.
I sneak up behind him throwing my arms around his waist, giggling, kissing his neck.

“Well good morning beautiful.”

 He turns around and drops to his knees, and kisses my stomach—and our burgeoning family.

6 comments:

  1. what a precious look into three lives. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just a little story about the life we all wish we had =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwww. Love this image. Welcome to the challenge!

    ReplyDelete